Saturday, August 26, 2006

Fall '06 Int'l Student Ministry

We launched the Fall '06 semester for the International Christian Fellowship (ICF) at UTD last Friday (8/18) with our Fall welcome party. We had a really good turnout. Amazingly, we actually had enough food. Two church groups helped bring food. Both were first-time churches.

Last night, we had our first regular ICF meeting of the semester. Again, we had a very large turnout. Food was a little dicey this time, but I think it all worked out. Next week will be our first home meetings of the semester.

After a year of being in charge of the the serving supplies, Roxanne and I have been able to transfer that duty to our friends Bo and Peggy. Instead of that, I've taken responsibility for the resource table. I'm hoping to bring the usefulness of the resource table up a few notches. I've found some books on eBay for really good prices. I'm also checking with area churches to see if they will assist. Last week, I received a donation of books and CDs from Heritage Church, a new church in Richardson started by Hillcrest Church founder Morris Sheats.

No comments: